Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Health Studies job with HONG KONG METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (HKMU)
Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to deliver world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao (GBA) Greater Bay Area, the rest of the country, and the world.
To lead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has worked closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Metropolitan University of Hong Kong (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval from the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences for the following position(s):
assistant professor (Ref: 22000KK)
Main tasks and responsibilities
The appointee will be primarily responsible for the following:
- course planning and development;
- provide course coordination, clinical assessments and mentoring, and classroom instruction in nursing and related disciplines/areas;
- undertake/engage in scholarly activities/academic research and participate in school/university activities and administration; and
- perform all duties assigned by the Dean.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- doctorate obtained in nursing or a related health discipline;
- professional registration/licensing with relevant commissions/councils, if applicable;
- relevant teaching experience with at least 5 years of professional experience;
- background in relevant research areas, if any;
- experience in writing nursing curricula; and
- good command of English and Chinese.
Terms of appointment
An attractive compensation package, including base salary, composite cash compensation, severance pay and discretionary incentive payment, if applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits and life insurance will also be provided.
Candidates interested in joining us can submit their application through the University’s online recruitment system.
Application deadline: May 11, 2022
(Candidates who responded to the previous advertisement posted on April 7, 2022 do not need to reapply.)
The personal data collected will be used in the context of considering your job application. For more details, please see the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicants” on the University website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks of the closing date for applications, you can assume that your application has not been successful.