Appointments, Honors and Activities – Purdue University News
- Appointments and promotions:
– The College of Health and Human Sciences announced that Christopher Coleman will now serve as Director of the School of Nursing and the first Associate Dean for Clinical Education beginning in July. Coleman joins Purdue from Indiana University School of Nursing-Fort Wayne, where he is currently associate dean and professor.
– Karen McGregor has been named Executive Director of Student Success for Purdue University Global. It will begin on May 2 with a focus on improving the student experience across the university. McGregor comes to Purdue Global from Northwood University, where she most recently served as Academic Dean Associated with Student Success. McGregor earned a Doctor of Philosophy degree from Michigan State University’s Adult, Lifelong and Higher Education Program. She holds a Master of Arts in Student Affairs from Eastern Michigan University.
* * * * *
- Faculty and Staff Honors:
– F.Robert Sabolart education teacher and vice principal of the Patti and Rusty Rueff School of Design, Art, and Performance, won the Eisner Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Arts Education Association. This award recognizes an individual for lifetime professional achievement that has advanced art and arts education. The award was presented in New York at the National Awards Ceremony this month.